Tuesday, June 2, 2015

5-11-15 Happy Late Mother's Day!

So first of all... Happy Late Mother's Day! I had a great day yesterday! I got to talk with my family for a little bit and see how they're doing! It was really fun to get to see them face to face and talk with them for the time that I had for that. 


Screenshot from Mother's Day Skype call
This week was a pretty abnormal one... We were at service with the assisted living home three times this week. On Tuesday, we helped decorate and celebrate Cinco de Mayo with some thrilling rounds of Bingo and with some delicious enchiladas. Thursday was strictly Bingo and strictly business with it as usual. One of the residents is very particular about her boards and where they are kept, and she usually likes to collect the boards of whoever won the most games that one day. On Friday, we helped celebrate Mother's Day with a Mother's Day tea. There was pineapple upside down cake, cookies, and about 20 different types of tea. I chose a non-caffeinated herbal Peach Tea that was absolutely disgusting. I never want to taste that ever again. Haha!

One of our investigators set a baptismal date this week! Her name is V**** and she is AWESOME. Our first lesson, she agreed to be baptized and we had a baptismal date for her next month. Also, we taught her about the Word of Wisdom on Monday, and she's been trying her hardest to keep it so that she can get baptized as soon as possible. On Friday, we took her on a tour of the local meeting house to show her around and all of the things inside. We showed her the baptismal font where she'll be baptized and also the rooms where we have sacrament meeting, Sunday School, and other church meetings. She's the sweetest, and I love her to death.

So I've finished 12 weeks, or 3 months. How crazy is that? I feel like it's been way shorter and way longer than that at the same time. Who know's what will happen in the next 15 months? I don't! Except for a whole lot of WORK. Haha! 

Well, that's all for today. Hope that you all have a great week and that everything you need to do happens. I know sometimes as a missionary, plans can change in a matter of minutes and our entire day can be flipped around. Sometimes, things just don't work out, but you never know what good you can do if you're able to postpone or delay things you want to help others. I hope that your week is great this week and that you always remember Christ and the things he's done for us!

Have a great week!

So I got this message today: 

Glad to know that they're working diligently to get me my visa. Meanwhile the tally is:
-Elder Roundy
-Elder Shipp
-Elder Raitani
-Elder Brand
-Sister Pilcher
-Sister Magleby
-Sister Taylor
All have their visas.

No comments:

Post a Comment