Thursday, July 2, 2015

6-15-15 Security, Missionary Rap, and a Quesadilla Waffle

Not much has happened this week, and I've used most of my email time, but I'll try to make this a quality email! I can't remember so much as to the day-to-day events that have happened, but I'll just share what sticks out most in my mind of this week. 

(Security) This week, my companion and I have been trying to work through the directory for our local congregation to get some information for the ward leaders about members who've been missing church lately. One of these members live in a super guarded community near the ocean, and we've been trying to go visit her for a while with absolutely NO success. There's no way to get in or out, hahaha. So a couple of days ago, we were walking by again and noticed a car going in, and we were able to follow it in and get to the member's apartment. She was so surprised and kept asking us "How did you get in? How did you find me?" So we're pretty much secret agents with a knack to get to places we want to go!

This week has been one that is super frustrating, but one that has taught me the value of patience. On several occasions, we weren't able to meet with our investigator V, because she's been working super hard to make money and get a job since she's recently been laid off. After making several appointments that just flat out fell through, we were able to meet with her yesterday and really impress the importance of doing the things we're asking of her. The Spirit was so strong in her living room as we told her of the importance of reading the Book of Mormon before she gets baptized. I feel as if before it was kind of a less-prioritized thing, but when we were there explaining that to her, she was able to understand that it is a testament of Jesus Christ and that it will help her grow closer to Him before she's baptized. She's now on track to be baptized on June 23rd and she'll be an official member on the 28th. She is really excited about it, and so am I! I can't wait to see how the gospel will continue to bless her life!

To finish, I guess I'll explain the rest of the subject line. In our zone, we really enjoy sharing our music since there's only so much we can listen to. This week, as we were listening to a new playlist that another Sister gave to us, we discovered a rap song that someone made up about missionary life. Sister Saintonge and I are working on perfecting it in preparation for any upcoming rap battles.

As missionaries, we don't have many amenities, including quesadilla irons, so we really have to improvise. This week, I used a waffle iron to make myself a quesadilla after church. It looked really interesting, but it still tasted like a quesadilla! 
My quesadilla waffle

My companion and I found a rubber chicken stuck to a tree this week.
Strange things here in Cali. Strange things.


So I hope everyone has a great week! I know that Jesus loves each one of you so much (and that I love you too!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment