Thursday, July 2, 2015

6-29-15 New Investigators, Goals, and Hard Work

Hello Everybody! 

This week has been a long one, and it's a new transfer, so I don't have my planner to help me remember what happened this week, so my email might be unpredictable...

So it's been a pretty great week! We've been working hard here in Huntington Beach getting lots of stuff done. I was so happy last night when we totaled up our key indicators (basically the numbers of the work we did during the week) and realizing that we met and exceeded all of the goals we had made for the week! There's not much of a better feeling than being able to reach and exceed goals. 

Anyways, we've had a lot happen this week. V's baptism didn't happen on Tuesday, but we're still seeing her pretty much every day. We set a new date with her 3 weeks from now, and she's pretty serious about meeting that goal. We go over almost every day and we're reteaching her the lessons because she's not sure if she knows enough (even though we almost constantly reassure her that she does) and we just answer questions that she has. I hope that this time it will go through. Sometimes planning a baptism is so stressful. I'm glad I have an extra three weeks to plan it! :) 

So I'm going to have a little braggy moment for my companion. She is AWESOME. Sister Skelton is so sweet and loving for everybody, and she pretty much LOVES to talk to everyone. And when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE. We'll just be walking down the street and I'll turn around and she's talking to someone new. Together, we've been able to get a lot of new investigators (maybe 8 or 9 this transfer? I can't remember...) Anyways, we've been working hard to catch these people back at home a couple of times. We've been able to keep teaching a new lady named K who's super sweet and inviting. We're pretty glad that we've found her, especially since we're about to get V baptized, we'll need new people to teach!! 

I'm just pretty glad to be in California right now. There's lots of good stuff happening here. Sister Skelton and I are working hard and teaching people. Sorry about the short email, there was just a lot of work to do this week! 
Zone pictures never turn out well. Someone is always moving or making a face. Anyways, Sister Skelton (who is Samoan) gave me the skirt that I'm wearing. It's called a lava lava. All of the elders fight over who's going to get one from her, but she just loves me so much and gave me one. hahaha :)
[Holly's mom: interesting note: Sister Skelton is Samoan, but in another email, Holly mentioned that she is from Australia. Sister Skelton was called to serve in California, but she actually had to visa wait in Australia for three months before coming to California. It's like Holly's situation, only in reverse!]
The staple meal of this week for Sister Denton: Minute Rice and Chicken Nuggets. Yum.
[Holly's mom: We seem to be getting a weekly food highlight. I guess she's just impressed with her own cooking. Her cousin, Elder Donald does the same thing though. Last week he told about making rice that was too watery, so they added flour to thicken it. Yuck!]
Love you all! Hope you all have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment