Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2-24-15 Hip, Hip, PDAY!


Yay!! Today is Preparation Day! My district has been looking forward to this day all week long! We've been dying to get out of our super tiny classroom where we spend almost 8 hours each day! We're just super happy that we get to be out and about going around the MTC and meeting other Elders and Sisters! I've been a complete mess this week! I keep leaving my bag around everywhere and I realize it at the wrong times when we need to study or if I want to get something from the bookstore! Anyways, We've been so busy all week long! If you ever know somebody who wants to do a technology fast but they don't think they can give up their devices, just put them in the Missionary Training Center and have them learn a language they've never spoken before and have them teach lessons in that language! I've never thought I'd spend so long in one tiny classroom trying to understand what in the world this man is saying to me. Most of the time I'm thinking, "I think he's speaking Portuguese, and  think that I can understand that." There's no time for anything else other than studying and preparing and eating and sleeping! I'm actually really grateful for Irmao Buttars. He's really patient and helpful when it comes to teaching us. He'll do anything from charades to pictionary to help us understand since MTC teachers teaching languages aren't allowed to speak English that much! The MTC is actually really awesome though! I really enjoy being around SO MANY missionaries! You almost forget that there ever was a world outside this one! My companion is super awesome! Her name is Sister Magleby and she's from Idaho. My district is also SO fun! There's a picture of all of us in front of the Provo Temple where we went on Sunday (which was so nice to get out of the MTC for a little while). Man, the days go by in such a blur here it's so hard to keep track of everything that happens! Anyways, the Portuguese is going pretty well also. As of today I can say stuff like, Ola! Eu sou uma missionaria da Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Ultimos Dias! Nos temos uma mensagem sobre Jesus Cristo! Podemos cumpantilhar esta mensagem como voce? Haha! Maybe try that in Google Translate, I don't have much timeto do it myself! Anyways, I put a few pictures in here! I've included Sister Magleby and me in front of the mission map pointing to São Paulo, my district in front of the temple, the temple, and maybe a couple of other things I can't really remember what! I'll try to look at them and explain them if they need it!

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is so amazing! I love being able to be a missionary here and I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve Jesus Christ by learning teaching people about the church! If you have any questions about my mission or the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, send me an email at holly.denton@myldsmail.net or check out Mormon.org! Love you all and I can't wait to here from you next week!

District Photo: Back Row left to right: Elder Brand, Elder Ship, Elder Reeve, Elder Raitani, Elder Dore, Elder Roundy
Front Row left to right: Sister Aki, Sister Pilcher, Sister Holdsworth, Sister Taylor, Sister Magleby, Me!
Click photo to zoom

 Our district in our classroom
Click photo to zoom

 All the sisters in my district
Click photo to zoom

 Sister Denton and Sister Magleby
Click photo to zoom

Me with the mission map
Click photo to zoom

-Sister Holly Denton

"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." D&C 64:33


No comments:

Post a Comment